HMATW interview [Entertaiment Focus]


Kimberly Wyatt enjoyed her first taste of solo stardom after leaving the Pussycat Dolls with her 2010 Aggro Santos collaboration Candy. She also found a new career as a TV judge on the hit Sky One show Got To Dance which has just returned for its second season.

Keen to pursue a career in music, Kimberly has joined forces with producer, MC and songwriter Spencer Nezey to form new electro-pop band Her Majesty and the Wolves. The band's debut single Stars In Your Eyes is released on Monday 10th January.

We caught up with Kimberly and Spencer to find out more about the project, talk about life after the Pussycat Dolls and discuss working once again with former bandmate Ashley Roberts.

How are you today?

K: I feel good today! I feel accomplished, proud, and excited!

‘Stars In Your Eyes’ is your debut single. Tell us about it?

K: Stars In Your Eyes is our first single and an introduction to the Her Majesty and the Wolves world. It comes out on January 10th and I am really looking forward to getting on stage and sharing our trip with the rest of the world!! Stars in Your Eyes has an infectious beat and is a song I can see a lot of people dancing to!

S: SIYE is a good introduction to Her Majesty to the world. A preview to the world in which we have created through the album

Your former Pussycat Doll band mate Ashley Roberts is in the video. How did that come about?

K: My choice to have Ashley not only be in the video with me but also choreograph was my way of staying connected to a friend I developed even before the Dolls. I felt it only right to begin the next chapter/phase of my life with a friend I love and trust.

What can we expect from your debut album?

K: The Her Majesty and the Wolves album is filled with experiences, reflections, dreams, and ambitions with a message of truth from two different perspectives. It's an experience filled with magic fairy dust and infectious beats.

S: What you can expect from the album are a lot of peaks and valleys painted by progressive dance soundscapes.

After the Pussycat Dolls parted ways did you know you wanted to continue pursuing music?

K: Once I left the Dolls my whole world was turned upside down. I walked away from a successful machine that had become my identity over the past 7 years. Writing music and pouring my heart out into the microphone had become more of a hobby I did in my spare time. Once I was free to do whatever I want I followed my passions and it lead me to Spencer becoming Her Majesty and the Wolves and an album Im extremely proud of!!

The sound of Her Majesty and the Wolves is very different from what the Pussycat Dolls did. Was that a conscious decision on your part to do something different?

K: I guess you could say doing something different then the Pussycat Dolls was a conscious decision...my likes, loves, and interests in music have always been a bit different then what I was dancing to in PCD. Finding people/producers that grasped me, my influences, and what I wanted to do wasn't easy and it took time and a lot of work and travel. But my loves in music, my beliefs, and my ideas were honored, shared, and expanded when I met Spencer. We connected on many levels and I got to make music that I love and am inspired by because of him!

When can we see you playing live?

K: We will be playing live the first week of January!! First single, Stars in Your Eyes, comes out January 10th!!! Check out the video on the interweb!!

S: Very soon!!

You’re also returning for 'Got To Dance’s' second season. Are you excited?

K: I am very excited about the return of Got to Dance!!! The one promise I ever made to myself was always staying connected to the dance world. Dance was my first passion as an artist and being able to give back to the world that gave me so much is of great importance to me! The show feels like that outlet.

What artists are inspiring you at the moment?

K: Deadmau5, Ladyhawke, Florence and the Machine, Sia, Empire of the Sun, Imogen Heap, Kate Havnevik type vocals with some dubb step flavor is what inspires me!

S: all hip-hop artist from circa 93-96

What can we expect in 2011?

K: 2011 is a year of new beginnings!! Two TV shows, Got to Dance in the UK and Live to Dance in America, an all natural makeup line, BM Beauty, an inspirational blog/vlog site and store, BeautifulMovements.com, and Her Majesty and the Wolves, music, album, and Live SHOWS!!!

S: HMATW at lots of festivals all over the world!

'Stars In Your Eyes' is released on Monday 10th January 2010.


Source

Labels:

posted by Joe | 14:27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home






HMATW-team.blogspot.com is your
#1 source for Her Majesty & The Wolves.
Find all the latest updates,news,pics
and media here!



Site info

Blog owner: Joe
Online since: 26.09.2010
Layout: Freedom v.01
Contact: HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
April 2011



HMATW-team blog is made by fan for
fans,I'm not in any connection with
Kimberly,Spencer nor their label.

HMATW-team (C) Copyright 2010.