Kimberly Wyatt - I'm No Ms Nasty (DailyStar)

SHE’S the straight-talking judge who takes no prisoners on Sky’s Got To Dance talent show, but don’t dare label Kimberly Wyatt the female answer to Simon Cowell.

The former Pussycat Dolls star tells it like it is on the hit TV dance contest, but she insists that doesn’t make her cruel or nasty to hopefuls.

“It blows my mind that people compare me to Simon Cowell,” explains Kimberly.

“I don’t see myself as nasty. I just pull from my own experiences as a competition kid and what helped me graduate as a dancer.

“It was the constructive criticism that I got from judges that helped me and even if I didn’t win a competition, at least I had their knowledge to take with me and help me grow.

“I’m in the show for the dancers, not to create a Cowell-style personality. I’m giving my absolute all honesty.”

She may look like a million dollars, but a lifetime spent contorting her body on the dancefloor has left Kimberley battered and bruised.

“I’m like the Evel Knievel of dancing,” the 28-year-old laughs.

“My left toe has been broken for many years. It won’t bend at all. I’ve got tendonitis in my knees and my hips are eroding. It’s part of being a dancer and you just have to push through it.”

Since quitting the Pussycat Dolls the Californian cutie has made the UK her home from home, forging a new career as one half of a brand new musical duo called Her Majesty And The Wolves.

“Music is what brought me to London in the first place, fans go crazy for music here and I wanted to be engulfed in that.

“I love UK artists like Tinie Tempah and Florence And The Machine, so spending time here and working on music is where it all started,” gushes the multi-talented performer.

“I was trying to find my next journey and discover who I was outside of the Pussycat Dolls. A friend of mine hooked me up with musician Spencer Nezey and we vibed straight away. My solo project graduated into a duo.

“Her Majesty And The Wolves allows me to connect the pop world with the DJ world. It’s about using your imagination and seeing where it can take you.”

The band’s first single Stars In Your Eyes is out this week and the video features an old friend PCD fans may recognise.

“Ashley from the Pussycat Dolls is in the video,” reveals Kim. “She and I have been close friends since even before the Pussycat Dolls so it felt right to have my friend with me.

“I think that’s what Her Majesty And The Wolves represents – having fun and sharing a pool of talent. Having Ashley in the video was like my farewell to the Dolls and hello to my new life.”

Although the Pussycat Dolls days are over for Kimberly, there’s no hard feelings and she’s still in contact with them.

"We travelled the world together and shared so many experiences,” she says.

“Everyone is super-busy and concentrating on their own musical adventures. Jessica has released a song, Melody is working on new music – she’s just such a powerhouse, Ashley’s been acting and obviously Nicole has her solo career too.”

With her own make-up range called Beautiful Movements about to hit the shops, TV shows on both sides of the Atlantic and a new band raring to tour, there’s little time for love.

“Boys are too scared to talk to me anyway,” she sighs.

“If anything being in the Pussycat Dolls was very intimidating for guys. We created an atmosphere which got rid of the guys and brought in the girly fun.

“Now I’m on my own I think I seem much more approachable than being surrounded by five other girls.

“It’s worked in my favour in some aspects.”

● Stars In Your Eyes is out now. Got To Dance is on Sky1, Sundays.


Source

Labels: ,

posted by Joe | 14:21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home






HMATW-team.blogspot.com is your
#1 source for Her Majesty & The Wolves.
Find all the latest updates,news,pics
and media here!



Site info

Blog owner: Joe
Online since: 26.09.2010
Layout: Freedom v.01
Contact: HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
April 2011



HMATW-team blog is made by fan for
fans,I'm not in any connection with
Kimberly,Spencer nor their label.

HMATW-team (C) Copyright 2010.