Kim's interview with Gaydarradio

Kimberly Wyatt rose to fame as a member of girl group The Pussycat Dolls, but left to pursue solo projects. She released a top five single, ‘Candy’, with rapper Aggro Santos and became a judge on Sky 1's dance show Got to Dance alongside Adam Garcia and Diversity's Ashley Banjo.

She is now set to release the single ‘Stars in Your Eyes’ with her new band Her Majesty and the Wolves. Here, she talks about being free to do her own thing and her famous leg stretch dance move.

How're your solo career and Her Majesty and the Wolves, your band with Spencer Nezey, going?
It's been absolutely amazing, it's just such a freedom to be creatively self-expressed and to be able to not only write songs, but sing them, and to be the one in charge of how I present myself, what I have to say, how I look. I really enjoy it.

And to have a partner like Spencer - Spencer is so talented, he's one of the most talented people I know. His beats are really incredible, we really speak the same language when it comes to our music likes and our interests, and it's just fun to come up with a concept like Her Majesty and the Wolves which is just limitless with ideas, and to see our little baby come to life and watch it grow.

Do you feel happier now you're doing your own thing?
I feel free. I'm very happy. I feel like you have one life to live and being self-expressed is such a huge priority that I take quite seriously in my life. If I'm not growing then I'm not happy and this project gives me a chance to grow in so many ways.

It's challenging, I feel like I get personal victories every day from just trying new things and facing things that maybe don't feel quite as natural but just going for it and putting my heart and soul into Her Majesty and the Wolves.

Was it nice working with your Pussycat Dolls band mate Ashley Roberts again in the video for ‘Stars in Your Eyes?
Yes, Ashley and I have been close friends for so long, even before the Dolls. When we were getting ready to do our first real video and our first real song I was thinking about choreography and she came in and I dug the choreography that she did. We're so used to being opposites on stage and pulling from each other's energy when we perform. I think that as we were getting ready to launch this project it just seemed right to have my friend there with me.

"It's just such a freedom to be creatively self-expressed and to be able to not only write songs, but sing them, and to be the one in charge of how I present myself, what I have to say, how I look."

And what's the next step for your solo career?
The next step is promoting the single ‘Stars in Your Eyes’, which comes out 10 January, and then it'll be on to the next single. It was interesting to do the green screen stuff in the video and see what people can do with after-effects. It takes really a lot of work to do the editing around them and I went into the studio to see them bringing this world to life.

How did you find this year's Got to Dance auditions?
This year's auditions have been absolutely incredible, I think we've seen an awareness of what the show's all about and what we're looking for. We've seen so much incredible talent and so many different genres of dance.

Have you spotted any potential winners?
I have to say, with the season being longer this year and having 28 semi-finalists, there are so many to choose from, but I do have my favourites. My favourites, coming from a dance background and my perspective on things, are usually different than what the public see.

The other judges say you're the one who tells it like it is and if someone's not very good you'll tell them. Do you agree?
I am, I try to be as honest as possible. I feel like with the amount of experience I have under my belt and coming all the way from Los Angeles to give my time to the contenders here, I have my 90 seconds to tell them what I think. I want to be as honest as possible and give them something to take away from their experience.

"I feel like I get personal victories every day from just trying new things and facing things that maybe don't feel quite as natural but just going for it and putting my heart and soul into Her Majesty and the Wolves."

How do you get on with your fellow judges?
I think we make an incredible team, we are genuinely good friends and have got to know each other over the course of doing the second season as well as the first. We honestly have such a good laugh the entire time that we're filming the show and the fact that we all come from different backgrounds and perspectives with dance means we all have something different to say, we see it from different views and, if we feel strongly about someone, we're not scared to speak our mind.

Do you have any other dream roles on stage or screen?
Well, I'm living my dream, really. I just love to be a part of the process and I think with Her Majesty and the Wolves the possibilities are endless - this could be a game, a stage show, couture, it could be a lot of different things, so I'm very focused on bringing music to new outlets.

And finally, how do you feel about your trademark dance move and the fact that your leg is so famous?
It's tough because it's inspired by some and criticised by others. But I've worked at being able to do that since I was seven years old, through a lot of ballet practice, so I'm very proud of the fact that my ballet basis of dancing is so famous.


'Stars in Your Eyes', the new single from Kimberly Wyatt and Her Majesty and the Wolves, is released on 10 January 2011. Find out more at www.hermajestyandthewolves.com




Source

Labels:

posted by Joe | 05:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home






HMATW-team.blogspot.com is your
#1 source for Her Majesty & The Wolves.
Find all the latest updates,news,pics
and media here!



Site info

Blog owner: Joe
Online since: 26.09.2010
Layout: Freedom v.01
Contact: HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
April 2011



HMATW-team blog is made by fan for
fans,I'm not in any connection with
Kimberly,Spencer nor their label.

HMATW-team (C) Copyright 2010.