THROWN TO THE WOLVES (Mirror.co.uk)

SET FREE FROM THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS, KIMBERLY WYATT IS ENJOYING HER NEW MUSICAL PROJECT

imberly Wyatt was The Pussycat Doll who graduated from dancing on cruise ships to superstardom with the group. During their seven-year career she remained more celebrated for dancing than singing, so it was hardly surprising that when it came to launching a career away from the group she needed assistance. And it was when friends introduced Wyatt to producer, MC and songwriter Spencer Nezey that the concept for their new outfit Her Majesty & The Wolves began to take shape.

"I wanted to have a name that was really conceptual and big like Florence + The Machine," says Kimberly, 28. "We needed something to snare people's interest. I turned up one day and Spencer had the name. When he said it I saw this Tim Burtonesque cartoon in my head that would really be fun to play with.

"We really clicked musically and decided it would be cool to hook up and do something new and fresh. Spencer is into the DJ world which is something I'm very interested in."

Kimberly was the first to leave the Dolls' house and it wasn't a move she took lightly.

"It was the hardest decision I ever had to make in my life," she admits. "I was living the dream but I still wasn't super satisfied or happy. I knew I had to change my situation or change myself.

"It became apparent I was never going to be able to grow creatively any more. It was hard trying to figure out who I was after that. The band had been my identity for seven years - it was a lot to let go of.

All I could do was listen to my heart. That led to Spencer and being as creative as possible." The material they've come up digs deep into Kimberley's personality.

"It's so extremely personal and vulnerable," she explains. "It's an array of emotions and perspectives from both of our lives."

Very different then to The Dolls?

"It was a machine," Kim admits. "I was so proud be a part of it. It was the best bootcamp I ever coul have in the music industry, but as far as creativity, writing and singing was concerned, I just wasn't a part of it." Did she feel others in the band hogged the limelight?

"The Dolls wasn't really a collaboration. I knew what my duty was when I went to work and I did it to the best of my ability. But there was a whole other side of me that wanted to write songs, sing, choreograph and draw up costumes. I feel superfree doing it and I have to feel that way."


Kimberly hopes Her Majesty & The Wolves has the potential to go beyond music and dance.

"I'm really inspired by all the insane graphics coming out of the videogame world," she says. "I'd love to do a Her Majesty video game. It would be cool to do all the music for it. Maybe an animated movie too."

Kimberly has high hopes for the new single Stars In Your Eyes.

"It's about the sort of vibe you feel when you go out," she explains. "When I was writing it I was trying to think about what inspires me when I go out, which is dancing. Who doesn't love to dance and have fun?"

Previously, Kimberly revealed she was molested as a child and was the victim of an attempted rape while working as a dancer on a cruise ship. She also said her parents had not helped her deal with the attacks.

"I came to a point in my life where I discussed it with them and that was when we began to build bridges," she says. "Since then we've built a new relationship, the best that we can have. It was a tough situation to get over. The lesson was that nobody is perfect.

"It was a tough situation to get over but you come to terms, move on and love with a compassionate heart. That's a lot of work but it leads to a better life.

I can't live as a victim. In The Pussycat Dolls we really helped each other through a lot of things to find strength, happiness and self-worth. "You have to dream. I want to love life and forming Her Majesty & The Wolves was what I had to do in order to do that."

Stars In Your Eyes
is out on Monday.


Source

Labels: ,

posted by Joe | 03:25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home






HMATW-team.blogspot.com is your
#1 source for Her Majesty & The Wolves.
Find all the latest updates,news,pics
and media here!



Site info

Blog owner: Joe
Online since: 26.09.2010
Layout: Freedom v.01
Contact: HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
April 2011



HMATW-team blog is made by fan for
fans,I'm not in any connection with
Kimberly,Spencer nor their label.

HMATW-team (C) Copyright 2010.